Who is going to save the Ipswich River from overuse and pollution? People like you — each one doing their part to make a little difference.
When we all work together, it adds up to something meaningful. Here are just a few of the ways you can help ensure the Ipswich River is clean and healthy for future generations!
- Take Action for the River. Please take a few minutes to submit written testimony to the Joint Committee on the Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture in favor of the drought bill by November 10th. We really need your help now to get this important bill reported favorably out of committee! This page has further instructions on where to send your testimony and more information about the drought legislation.
- Join/Donate. Become a member or financial supporter of the Ipswich River Watershed Association, and add your voice to our chorus.
- Volunteer. If you want to make a bigger difference, you’ve come to the right place. Whatever your special talent, we’ve got a way for you to donate your time to protecting our hometown river. Some of our volunteer programs include:
- Connect with us. Subscribe to our monthly email for the latest news, events, announcements and opportunities to protect and enjoy our hometown river. Become our friend on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!
- Save Water, Save Money. The #1 threat to the Ipswich River is overuse — too many people taking water out, not enough of them putting it back. Here’s where you can learn how to make the water you use go further, leaving a little more in the river for the fish, birds, and other animals that live there.
- Greenscape your landscape. Greenscapes are beautiful landscapes that protect our water, and save you time and money.